Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eliza909

Dilemma with layout

Fall
14 days ago

Hello, I am trying to decide what is the best way to separate these two spaces. I was planning on getting a bigger sofa that raps around the fireplace more and to put a console behind it. What should I do with the space by the window? It's about 11x 9 ft

Comments (12)

• WestCoast Hopeful
    14 days ago

Do you have a floor plan? What does the dining and kitchen space look like?

Quickly, without other info, I wonder if the dining table needs to shift more into the open space. I would also get a big beautiful tall plant so it adds depth but doesn’t block view.

We really can’t see enough of the spaces though.

• auntthelma
    14 days ago

My first thought is that the sofa should be oriented to the view. can we see a floorplan or a couple more pictures of all the walls in the room?

• kandrewspa
    14 days ago

Can the sofa face the fireplace? It looks like it is perpendicular to it right now. We need more pictures. It's common to define spaces with area rugs. Any interest in adding one or two?

• Fall
    Original Author
    14 days ago

The sofa is facing a tv wall unit

• WestCoast Hopeful
    13 days ago

You will get help and ideas if you answer questions, share more images, and a floor plan.

• Lyn Nielson
    13 days ago

I would mount the TV on the wall where that potted palm plant is.

face all the furniture to the view... I would move the palm to the center of the windows (under the peak) and center the table on the peak.

• PRO
    lisedv
    13 days ago

Where is the fireplace?

• Fall
    Original Author
    13 days ago

Fireplace is where the brick wall is. Perpendicular to the sofa

• PRO
    lisedv
    13 days ago

Perhaps a good idea to send more picture. You say you want the sofa to wrap around the fireplace but none of your pictures show it. More pictures and a floor plan with all dimensions showing windows, doors, entrance(s) to the room would definitely help us visualize since we're not there in person.

• WestCoast Hopeful
    11 days ago

Are you wanting help?

Post more pictures and a floor plan and answer questions if so.

• PRO
    Douglah Designs
    10 days ago

It looks like you could possibly do a larger sectional facing the fireplace area. Do you have a TV in that area? It looks like you'd have a very small walkway behind the sectional, and you'd need to make sure that with the stools pulled out that you still had a walkway behind the sectional. It doesn't look like a sofa table would be able to work behind the larger sectional, since the stools are already there.

Modern Farmhouse Rebuild · More Info

• tracefloyd
    10 days ago
    last modified: 10 days ago

I've got it!

Get another sofa and place it back-to-back with the current one and facing the view. I see you have room for a table etc., behind the current sofa, move those somewhere else. Seating would be much more spacious this way.

If the white buoy light is moveable, the new sofa could back up to the column and all the way to the window, and the L of a sectional might work under the window.

Get a couple of lightweight poufs for the feet, and an area rug would fit there.

Rotate the Dining table and/or move it to the right.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz